Friday, March 14, 2014

TEA BLENDING PARTY | A BRIDAL SHOWER


My beautiful friend Jacinda is getting married. I'm so excited for her! All of us bridesmaids and her mom came together to throw her a tea party bridal shower. It was so much fun! We had teavana tea and honey and tasty, tasty homemade food. 




So many oranges and greens on this table! Above are cucumber + cream cheese sandwhiches on the left and veggie pizzas on the right, both made by Jacinda's mom.



My mother-in-law made these cute little mint fudge brownies!






Isn't my mom a cutie? She hosted the party... this is her home! On the right is our beautiful friend playing the what's-in-your-purse game.


When we decided to go along with a tea party theme, I knew I wanted to replicate this tea blending party on the Etsy blog. We styled ours differently to suit the light, springy feel of a tea party.

Guests could come and create their own loose leaf tea blend to drink there or take home. I set out two bases- green tea and caffeine-free mint leaves. Next to those were accent flavors to add a punch: dried coconut, lavender buds, dried apricots, rosebuds, eucalyptus... They all smelled lovely!





We decorated with various vintage items and lots of baby's breath.



Another one of the bridesmaids came up with this cute shower activity; we set out a cup of popsicle sticks and markers and asked everyone to write a date suggestion on the stick for Dan and Jacinda to do later after the wedding! It was really cute and everyone had great date night ideas! I suggested going to Joe Bean for some delish coffee...

It was a very successful party! Most of all, I'm so pleased with how blessed my friend was. Everyone showed so much love, generosity, and support... it was definitely worth all of the hard work :)




No comments:

Post a Comment