Wednesday, July 23, 2014

GOOD READS



Lately I have been reading up a storm! It must be all of those summer reading programs at the library my mom took me to as a little girl :) 

Here's my current book and blog series of choice...


Freakonomics

This book is so interesting, even for someone who isn't knowledgeable about economics at all. In fact, I've learned so much already which I never would have found out on my own. It's really not about economics, but how the authors use economic principles and ideas to answer questions of life. Now I'm hooked and reading their next book, Superfreakonomics!


Motherhood Around the World
Motherhood Around the World is a blog series on A Cup of Jo, one of my all-time favorite blogs ever. I love this series because it marries several favorite subjects of mine: culture differences and psychology, family relationships, and travel. They're so well done and really addicting! So far my favorite post is 13 Surprising Things About Parenting in Congo. I love that most Congolese women carry their babies on their back! There are also posts about motherhood in Norway, Abu Dhabi, Japan and Germany.



No comments:

Post a Comment