Monday, April 21, 2014

BUTTER FRIED BANANAS

I'm going to be honest with you. Making recipes, photographing the process, and compiling it all into a succinct, inspiring, and tantalizing post is very intimidating and so far, almost impossible for me. To be fair, though, I have only been a true member of the cooking world for about a year, so cut me some slack, you foodie-blog-indulgent savages (that includes myself). 

Anyways, despite the above conclusion, I did happen to snap some photos of the fried bananas I made the other day. Hardly a new concept yet still widely unknown, I decided it's worth sharing. Anything that's easy-peasy to make and still amazing for you is definitely worthy of show and tell.

And so,

Show:


and Tell:

This really couldn't be any simpler. 

Peel your banana. Great! You're halfway there!

Then slice it up and place it in a pan with butter on low-medium heat (3 or 4 on my stove). 




Watch them sizzle! 



Until they look golden brown like this on both sides. I'd say this takes a couple of minutes. 





Sprinkle cinnamon on top, drizzle with honey, and place on top of freshly strained Greek Yogurt! yumyumyumyum

Searing the bananas caramelizes them. You can also slather them in cinnamon and honey before for optimum yumminess.

P.S. Why you should eat more bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment